Death


Now you hold a glass of wine
In which I try to dive in. 
I try to swim the eternal fathom
And look within the outer Mansion. 

Now you close your eyes with me
And open once when all troubles flee. 
Let me stay in that darkness forever
And never look out moreover. 

I am not dead, am away
On the face of it, I walk on my way. 
There's a pleasant smile on my visage
And I try to keep it constant over the page. 

You look into my closing eyes
In the midst of twilight 
The body goes as cold as freezing ice
My journey now meets the night. 

These were those final days
The water dropped from the tap
And drop by drop, I met my final nap
And I bluffed it on their face. 

There's nobody could see me
And there's me could not see thee. 
We met our end of a journey 
We never walked, 'cause we weren't lucky. 

Now when am gone, am gone forever
Am now in a world, very new to me
There's eternal silence than ever
Am walking on the land or sea. 

Now you open your eyes
I keep mine closed. 
None has to weep for its not a loss
But the birth of a new soul. 

Here, I met my greatest fear
And there is time to fight it
With the greatest gear
I have got to fix it. 

Death is a natural process
Music shall start and shall end
Let us accept for what we can access 
And meet the most before penultimate. 

Yes, I fear death and am fearful
It's another stage to which am now faithful. 
Once or twice a day shall it take
For days to end, it could make. 

To die is not worry to be dead
Am at the edge of death indeed
Because its the end
Me lost within reason world needs. 

It's not the end, rather a beginning
Of a journey you exactly need. 
For what started in now ending
For one last time, I smile at our meet. 

Now you drink the wine 
The glass left empty, being dissolved. 
Need not search the existence of mine
As I never existed in the glass of your firm hold. 

Comments

  1. Excellent choice of words . Very expressed usage of analogy and parallel motion . Keep it up

    -Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man you just described the indescribable.....
    You described death....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My photo
Surjendra Das
Farakka, West Bengal, India
Pen Name - Rudyard Jostle and Currently an Author who is among top 100 debut Indian authors 2018-19 as per a survey by Literature Lights Publishing. I write books to share my ideas to the world, usually in forms of poems. Read books authored by me namely Eloquency and The Ornate Words Of Oblivion. Also make sure to check books co-authored by me which includes The Stream Of Words And You, Coffee And Echoes, Ashes, Note To Self, The Black .

Jostle Speaks

Jostle Speaks
Welcome to Jostle Speaks

Top Blogs