Spirits Are Also Deceptive




I was lying down on my couch as my eyes ran over the words engraved on the pages and made me more oblivious than I am.

“Rudyard , do ye there ?” A voice interrupted. Perhaps , it was not audible to me,  and the man leaned towards my shoulder and questioned, “why’s th’door ajar?” I screamed at him, ”who’s there ?” After all  me was scared. I learned that it was Mr. Robert , the chief editor of ‘THE TIMES OF STATE’.

It was the esteem daily for which I wield my pen to write articles and work as a journalist. Robert said , “ Rudyard , I am expecting a ghost story from you anon.” It was an anomaly to me. I said , “Sir , you know that I write only poems and articles for your paper. I don’t compose stories.” He chuckled and replied, “ Inasmuch , your articles and poems are much impressive, I expect a good plot also . Actually I want to reveal your incognito talent.”  “Ye wanna reveal what ?” Ich enquired. He replied” Your hidden skill.”  I was left stunned,  as story composition is not my talent, I know for sure. After all I failed to refuse and now am on my bureau to start the plot.

It was a twilight on a Halloween night and as I was scribbling the saga, I heard knocks at my front door. I yelled, “ There’s no Halloween party  tonight right here, you can go.” Indeed its not their fault, my villa seems to be ornate with decors and  lights everyday after dawn.

The knocks grew stronger and louder, so I rushed to th’door and opened it and can u guess what was it ? it was an empty vessel. I kicked it hard and shouted, “ Who’s that bitch  to do such a twerp like act ? “ so then I shut the door as strong as I could.

After an hour, I was on the climax of  the plot and found my grand piano singing ‘ River Flows In You’. It took me several of glimpses to get the first sight of the pianist and it was a spirit I witnessed. Blue eyes painted on white face under brown horse-hairs with a bloody mouth under scars at his face.

I was extremely horrified , but still grew courage to converse. It was totally incoherent to me. I asked boldy, “ Dork! Who be ye ? what are with doin’ with mine piano, leave it at once and vanish yourself.” The spirit growled at me, ”Don’t   question, don’t answer, just  listen and do what Ich saith ye.” I swallowed though I was not chewing anything at all.

The spirit introduced it as  ‘Brute’, who designed ‘ Quantum Computer’ in his other life. He wanted  to sell it to ‘ Fricrosoft’  , but the staffs not only refused him but also, killed him to steal the blueprint of his design. And now he needed my aid to mark an end to the lives of the staffs who rejected him. I was not at all interested but you know, what the price you need to pay to refuse an evil ghost. It may cost you an entire life.

So, I wrote several articles against the traitors of Brute and as an journalist provided him the necessary information he asked for . After a couple of weeks three of Fricrosoft’s staffs were reported dead and the very next night the CEO was discovered dead due to a car accident. Brute used my car, but fortunately the car marks lost in the mid-night and cops were left with no traces of the murder.

Cops at once suspected me as I was writing many articles against them but you know that’s not a legal reason to arrest me and me was the luckiest person of all that moment.

Unfortunately, the four dead spirits learned that it was me at the core of their death. And now , its another twilight, am on the same bureau surrounded by the dead spirits . Now  I wonder , ‘ Will Robert get th’plot completed that I had been scribbling?” Also am now looking for Brute , I don’t know where the bloody devil is wandering like a bustard ?

So, I end with “ Never ever dare to trust a human, and when it is ‘bout spirits , not even think to.”  


Comments

My photo
Surjendra Das
Farakka, West Bengal, India
Pen Name - Rudyard Jostle and Currently an Author who is among top 100 debut Indian authors 2018-19 as per a survey by Literature Lights Publishing. I write books to share my ideas to the world, usually in forms of poems. Read books authored by me namely Eloquency and The Ornate Words Of Oblivion. Also make sure to check books co-authored by me which includes The Stream Of Words And You, Coffee And Echoes, Ashes, Note To Self, The Black .

Jostle Speaks

Jostle Speaks
Welcome to Jostle Speaks

Top Blogs